Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas Preparations! Actual real ones this time!

10:34 Yep, I'm just at this minute putting the candle arch in my window, and then I'm gonna put the sparkly "glowworm" lights around my room.

And for some reason my sister has just turned up. Oh well, she can help!

16:53 After something of a busy day, I have cleaned the landing, banisters etc getting the house ready for putting the decorations up, and I've also managed to clear out the bottom drawer of my wardrobe, which was originally so messy it was a no-go area.
After over 6 hours and about as many cups of coffee, I'm now finally ready to put up my Christmas lights.

As an aside, My sister and I are not long returned from the local vets, who have scanned the dog, now named "Tess" for a microchip. No chip was found, which I suppose makes the dog exclusively my sister's responsibility. The vet also estimated the dog's age to be 6-12 months.

She continues to be cute, lovable, hyper and sociable.

17:11 I've now finally managed to get my personal Xmas lights up. They consist of nothing more than a 7-bulb candle arch, and a string of 200 "glow worm lights" (their name for twinkling multicoloured lights).
Putting decorations up is funny. It's fun and infuriating in equal measure.
A bit like my nephew who is currently kicking me and doing the opposite of whatever he is told.

22:32 Well, we've had a nice wander round, we took the dog for a walk along with my nephew, and we decided to turn the dog walk into a trip to the "Magical Christmas Kingdom" - the next estate, which has loads and loads of Xmas lights up already. We went to see our grandad - he seems to be doing well and we're looking forward to his visit on Christmas Day - and while we were out, we went on a little christmas quest:

The Christmas Quest

From my bedroom window, deep inside the next estate, on the distant hill facing our house, I can see one very brightly lit house, lit with a huge array of Christmas lights.

Curiosity has led me to wonder which house it is, on which road, and what the view from that place must be like. So tonight we set out, and after about 30 minutes walking we actually found the exact house that I can see all the way from my bedroom window. Looking back towards my house, and yep, you can see the candle arch in my bedroom window, far off in the distance.

Call me easily amused, but I think it added a little purpose to our nice christmassy trek, and it gave my nephew something to concentrate on :).

Well, we got back to find that one set of christmas lights has stopped working (always always happens every christmas, apparently, to every family), other than that, my mum's been working hard to get the tree decorated.

Well, I'm relaxing with sponge and custard now, in my nicely decorated bedroom. Once that's done, I'm off to bed :).

Night :).

No comments: