Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to normal...

Today I have been mostly visiting the dentist. Nothing major, just a filling. I had the university student [carrying out the dental work] again, and what she officially (she seems to be able to do everything my regular dentist can do) lacks in experience, she makes up for in bedside manner.
Of course my regular dentist is very nice, but this one is nicer.
Anyway I'm not going to write a huge dramatic description of the procedure, because a filling is a filling, and after having had about 6 of them in the past year, they're really nothing to write home (or friends) about.

Apart from that I have been sleeping. I have had three seperate sleeps today, one this morning from 2am-8:30am, one this afternoon from 12pm-3pm, and another one from 4pm to 7pm.
I have also been playing Need for Speed Prostreet, which I must remember to review some time.
I totally buggered up carreer mode by selling a very good car to buy what turned out to be a totally crappy one, so I started the game all over again.

What have I been up to the past few days? Taking photos mostly, and I've been working on my long-exposure photography to see if I could do special effects photos.
The long and short of it is that I can do special effects photos, but not very good ones.
Here they are. I'm quite pleased with them, not bad at all for a first attempt. Maybe.
















To continue, I have not been doing much the past few days. I'm off soon, to buy a battery grip for my camera, to make it look beefier and bigger (actually I'm buying it because the D200 eats batteries, although the grip will make the camera beefier and bigger).

I also managed to get some decent photos of my camera, which next to my bike, is my pride and joy :). As well as my computer, obviously.

This space is intentionally filled with text that states that this space is intentionally filled with text that states thatthis space is intentionally left blank. Because well, come on, look at it, the formatting of this blog entry is an absolute bloody nightmare. In fact. I'm going to just make stuff up to fill the gap; Did you know that the UK has more dangerous wildlife than people think. According to Bill Bailey, hedgehogs feeding on honey, might fall in your eyes! Billy Connolly agrees, complaining that cows are dangerous as they have a habit of standing on your feet when you stand near them. How near, he didn't say. He could be referring to those weird cows with extendable legs that people keep phoning me about at work.
No I'm not insane, they're insane. I don't invent mad callers, they just happen to me.



It's a lovely piece of kit, and I love it to bits.
Incidentally, the paperwork for the camera has now arrived. I'm now officially being charged for it.

So now, I am off to put my clothes in the dryer, have a shower, stick the tv on, eat a creme egg and some aero bubbles, and go to bed, so that I can wake up bright and refreshed, and fully ready for the challenges (talking to idiots while resisting the urge to hang myself from the nearest power strip, out of sheer desperation and frustration) all day.

My work life is a dilbert comic.
Only my work life, not my domestic life. That's more My Family.

Byeeeee

No comments: