Okay, so, I've had a fairly sedate day. The hard drive for my laptop arrived yesterday and I've just been spending the time since, getting the laptop up and running. Time consuming and tedious, but not taxing, and now I've got the laptop back up to full functionality, yay go me, ready for more photo trips. Just a case of replacing the hard drive and getting the software whacked back on there.
So I've been spending time at the gym, that is taxing, but it's fun as well, and it's kinda rewarding and relaxing at the same time to get myself all worn out by bettering myself, getting fitter and stronger with each visit. I've been running a lot recently as well, and last nights run was fantastic. I don't know why, I just seemed stronger this time round, I was definitely faster. It was like I got tired later, was able to surge forwards faster, I remember being surprised at just how fast I could move, and how long I could keep it up.
I had a little excitement on the way back from the gym though, I wander down to the park on the way home and start running. I get maybe 30 meters passing the bees and birds and other euphemistic combinations of animals, when the latest in maybe a dozen buzzy type creatures spots me.
It heads on a fast curve that must have put its head out through its arse, and with the evident urge to kiss me (that's what must have caused it!) it flew straight smack into my mouth - which was partially open at the time, what with me running and everything.
I felt the smack, I heard the bang, and then felt the damn thing buzzing around, followed quickly by a - did it? - yes, the damn thing stung me.
I physically spat the poor creature out, and watched it spiral down to the floor in a "wtf just happened?" type way. I didn't chek whether the thing was okay, as I felt something vaguely like the sting still stuck in my lip (it wasn't).
So for those of you who wondered why people ate insects, as the title suggests, bees don't taste of anything, except fur. And stingyness. Hope it was okay anyway, cool little industrious creatures, bees.
So there you go, in several hundred words "I've been to the gym and then ate a bee".
I've never been one for brevity.
But hey, i'm kinda getting tired now, but I'm busy watching FBI files so I figure I'll watch this, go to bed, or something like that.
Have fun :).
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just to let you know, the bee probably died after stinging you. That's the difference between bees and wasps, wasps can sting again and again but bees can't they sting once then they die.
Well I'm not 100% sure it was a bee.
I think it did sting me, but it didn't leave any stinger or anything, so with some luck, rather than a terminally amorous bee, I had an enthusiastically daredevil wasp instead :).
I'm that sort of person, I'll call a person all the names under the sun but I'll feel wretched if I step on a snail or whatever :p.
Post a Comment