Sunday, July 27, 2008

Down the sink...

I have committed a grave, grave sin...

Picture a pint of beer, cooling in a glass. Condensation forms on the outside as the bubbles fly gently towards the surface...
The working man's refuge, the epitome of relaxation, a nice cold pint of beer.

I poured it down the sink.
The whole thing.

The golden colour dilutes with the running water while the bubbles disappear down the hole.

Why? How could I do such a cruel and callous thing?
Why, when I'm already regretting such a thoughtless act, did I do it? What could possess me to commit such a crime?

Well, I went outside to look er at the sky, at 5:10am. The birds are singing, the sky is clearing and the weather is getting warmer already. And yet, I'm not in a position to enjoy it. Why? Becuase I used to equate "quality time off" with beer, oblivious to the fact that too much beer (seven cans in this case) doesn't make a night, it spoils it. Little point listening to the dawn chorus when it's an effort not to headbutt the wall on my way inside.

Perhaps in a few weeks I will look back on this in horror and think "how the hell did i dare to pour good beer away?". I'd rather thing that I'll look back and think "fair enough".

Fun is only fun until you stop enjoying it, and when the world starts spinning, that is when the beer has outstayed its welcome, and so, it is time for us to part company, the beer going one way, my mind going the other.

I suppose I'll go and get something to eat, a rustlers burger seems a good choice.
I spose I'll drink a load of water too..
Beer isn't all it's cracked up to be, and hopefully I'll remember this :).

Well, I'm off to grab some food, merrily singing "Still alive, backwards (yah, ya likes) as I get ready for bed :)

New camera gear coming soon, and hopefully a sparkly new iPhone too :D.

Night, and for all those straight edge people - stay straight edge :).

No comments: