Hey! What an imaginitive name!
Well, I've just sat down with something to eat and drink, and I'm achey and generally tired. Why? Because yesterday I beat my distance/time endurance record by running 4.56 miles in 50 minutes (I'm going for endurance not speed, so anyone who wants to point out what my average speed is can feck off). I'm also tired because I've come back from 4 hours wandering around a field with my family, watching After Dark 2008, and balancing my nephew on my shoulders for the better part of 35 minutes.
The fireworks display was spectacular, the bonfire was huge, the entertainment was provided by a band called "Craine", who sounded decent, despite being relatively unknown (you heard it here first, folks), the event was well attended, the weather was okay, and the company was ok.
I managed to get the entire thing on video, from start to finish, despite my camera playing silly buggers and the battery level indicator going from "NO BATTERY" to two (out of three) bars repeatedly.
My nephew won a prize on the hook-a-duck thingie, and I successfully resisted te urge to start hitting people after getting tired of people behaving like I had a white striped painted line down my back. My parents also avoided anything like a major argument, which was a pleasant surprise.
So what else have I been up to? Applying for jobs mostly. I'm expecting a call to arrange an interview (going to be a scoot-ay rider for pizza hut just to get some christmas cash together), and my fitness continues to improve.
Other than that, I've been continuing work on getting ready for christmas, and went on another photo trip to Manchester Airport the other day. One photographer made a point of waving at every plane taxiing to the runway, as a result, I have a relatively high number of photos with the co-pilot waving back, including one with the co-pilot with a cheery grin giving us all a thumbs-up. But hey, it's Christmas soon, and I'll hopefully have something sorted well in advance :).
Have fun people :).
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment