Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Anniversary!

Okay, not quite, technically the anniversary isn't until the ninth, but:

It's my birthday on the 11th and I don't want to have 2 parties in 3 days...
I'm working on the ninth...
I'm busy every day apart from today, and I don't know what else I'm working next week...
...soooooo...

Just like HM the Queen has two birthdays, the "Official" one and the "Other" one, my camera has three:

  • The day it was constructed (which I don't know).
  • The day it was bought by me (which I do know, but which it is not possible for me to celebrate annually).
  • Or the day on which I have the spare time to go to the shops, get some alkyhol, and have lots to drink and have a generally cheery time, look through my photos, chat with mates and generally accept that my camera is, after nearly a year and over 4000 photos, very much a good friend.

Now this may sound very materialistic, or sentimental, but while I am "celebrating the anniversary" of having bought my camera, it is all very tongue in cheek and I haven't been putting up balloons or posters or inviting people to parties or anything. It is basically a camera-based excuse for a nice pissup. My camera is looking nice and sparkly, having been cleaned inside and out, and is temporarily sporting some sparkly ribbon decoration for the occasion. The camera will eventually be replaced of course, but for now, it's fairly new and we've had a very successful year together.

So the alkyhol is chilling in the fridge, I am chilling in my room, and all is well, generally.

So I'm off to go and drink a lot. If I do update the blog I'll probably be drunkenly ranting, so it's best not to pay too much attention to me. Still, here are some of my favourite photos that I've taken over the last year with the D200. They might not be technically perfect, nor artistically sound, but I think they're some of my better ones, and I like them :-).



Oh, and as a final note, my little finger mouse came today. Is it as cool as it looked? Yes, it is. If a little fiddly at first.

You have to love the Engrish on the back though: Picture below. Oh, and of course, here is my camera "dressed" for the occasion :p.

No comments: