Friday, August 22, 2008

The Holiday

Well, it's 04:47, it's absolutely freezing, both outside and inside, which for the past few days have been connected to each other by an open window which I am reluctant to close as it would then give me nothing to complain about.

I've waved by to my parents, and they disappear round the corner in a taxi never to be seen again. This month.
Yep, after a year of preparation, threats, arguments on the subject of and general hanging-over-the-headedness, the holiday to Italy has now commenced, and the parents, being the happy couple that they are (15 years happily married - the first 15) are now off to what I have no doubt will be a slightly warmer slightly more humid autumn climate than over here.

Which leaves me alone to shiver in the cold (my own fault), eat what I fancy (but not too much as in true parent manner they reason that 2 weeks of food is twice the amount they'd buy for one week, which is actually about three day's food).

Soooo, what to do, what to do. I don't particularly want to annoy the neighbours as they haven't done anything to deserve it. So while Howards Jones might be a very good singer, I've decided not to broadcast him throughout the building for the time being.

Soooo, well.
It's been 8 minutes and now I'm bored.
I said I'll keep the place tidy, look after the property, water the plants etc etc, as long as I do that, I don't see why I can't have a little company every now and again.
Hmm something to consider - and no, I'm not talking about having the next pishup at our house.

Well, I'm off to er, have a shower probably. And then to shove my clothes in the wash, where they will remain until I wash them. Ooh, scary thought, that.

I'm sure I'll cope with the administration, if not the lack of company.

No comments: