Friday, August 29, 2008

Owwww

Okay so as my parents holiday draws to a close and they set off home, how have I been doing?
Okay actually. I've had a few sedentary days where my sleeping patterns been somewhat bizarre, but other than that I've had rather a nice time.
Until now. For some reason I now have a very unpleasant stomachache, that varies between not-there and extremely painful, for no apparent reason, moving from my stomach to my abdomen and back again :(.

Oh well, let's see how things go :(.

00:24 - in less than 24 hours my parents will be home.

I'm sorry for the fact that the blog thus far has been somewhat pefunctory, seeming as though I was disinterested. To be honest, while I was trying to get stuff down, I was in too much pain to be able to concentrate.

My stomachache continued, frequently turning from a minor annoyance into waves of discomfort that made me literally groan with the pain. In short order, I developed other symptoms of an unhappy digestive system (I won't go further into these as I know some of you like to read this while snacking), these themselves were much less unpleasant but no more welcome.

I had gone to the shops earlier, bought myself everything I need for a happy night in with the TV. A nice bottle of whisky (a rare treat for me), a ginormous bottle of lucozade (for the morning's (or more likely the afternoon's) hangover), a nice admiral's pie (fish in butter sauce with mashed potato and cheese - very nice and inexpensive) and some double chocolate cookies to enjoy with my whisky. I was all set for a nice night in front of the TV.

It's with some regret therefore that I've abandoned that idea. The whisky sits undrank in the living room, I managed to eat four cookies before my stomach made it clear that everything north of my intestine was going in one direction, and it wasn't into my stomach, the lucozade and my dinner are still in the fridge waiting for me.

But, I've cheered up somewhat. I've taken some advice from a friend who is studying some type of medical science at University, who has assured me that this is likely to be a very short term complaint. I was given to understand that the pain itself is simply due to the lining of my stomach/intestine being swollen and tender. I'm sitting now in my bedroom, with only the whir of the laptop fan for company, I've been alone on and off for about 8 days now, and I am somewhat lonely, but as I'm laid down, the pain has all but vanished, and my digestive system, satisfied that it won't have any through traffic for the immediate future, has quietened down a fair bit.

It's a strange thing your health. Like air, like water, you take it for granted until you don't have it.
I did, until all that dental agony I've had over the last 12 months, from then on I have been sincerely grateful to nature or my luck or whatever (I'm not religious) that my general health has been good.

But hey, I might put the upstairs tv on and see if I can do something with my night. Even if I do end up dozing off, the whisky, cookies, pie and lucozade are still there waiting for me, and if tonight's infection is as short term as I'm told it's likely to be, maybe I can go out on sunday with Ste and Si afterall.
I don't have much of a social life (the lad at the back whispering "most bloggers don't" gets a slap) so it's nice to get out.

And the pain's back.
I'm gonna try to get to sleep.

03:38: I woke up with no pain, and very thirsty. So I got changed for bed, which is what I'm doing after this is finished.
The pain is minor now. The odd stab of discomfort is felt, but this is accompanied with a slight rumbling that suggests my stomach is finally grudgingly accepting the water that I've been advised to get down me.

So I do feel quite a lot better, let's hope that I feel even better in the morning. I have stuff to do before my rents get back.

No comments: